Saturday, April 13, 2013

Saturday Surf and Turf


Amazing!  That’s the word I would use to describe tonight’s dinner!  Today we had boneless New York Strip steak (on sale for $7.99/lb at Publix, a savings up to $5.00), shrimp skewers (on sale for 10 for $10.00 at Publix), and steamed asparagus ($2.99/lb at Publix).

We started off by marinating the steak in Ken’s SteakhouseTeriyaki sauce (which is BOGO this week) for 30 minutes.  We also defrosted a few of the shrimp skewers.  I thought the shrimp skewers were going to be fresh, but they came frozen in a box.  Ideally, I would have defrosted these the night before by placing them in the fridge, but that didn't happen. Instead, I defrosted them by running them under water. It worked great this way.  We also marinated the shrimp in the same sauce.  My husband fired up the grill while I steamed the asparagus.  Everything turned out amazing and I would definitely have this meal again!  It was a success and super easy!

To drink, I had a glass of the Refresh by Turning Leaf wine.  I had the Moscato.  Can I just say that this is my new favorite wine?  It was bubbly and so delicious.  It went great with the steak and shrimp combo.  Yum!!  I can’t wait to have another glass!  This wine was BOGO at Publix 2 weeks ago.  I love BOGO wine!  I liked this wine enough to buy it again even not on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment