Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wednesday Night, Stuffed Scallops


Publix Stuffed Scallops, Publix Cajun Shrimp, and steamed asparagus!  Yum!

Publix stuffed clams and stuffed scallops were on sale this week for $1.00 each.  I wasn't sure what to expect with these, but I was very pleasantly surprised.  It was almost like a stuffing with scallops.  It was very fancy and if I didn't know they were only $1.00 each I would have thought they were very expensive.  They were easy to make too- preheat to 450 degrees and cook for 15 minutes!

Next was the Publix Cajun shrimp.  These were not on my shopping list for the week, so they must have been BOGO last week or the week before.  They were VERY good!  We also have herb and butter, but wanted to try the cajun first.  They were easy to cook too, in a pan for 2 minutes on each side.  you can also make them in the microwave or oven- easy!

Last was steamed asparagus.  We ate it plain, with no butter or salt- it really didn't need it.  Even our toddler ate a bite- wow!

I really wanted something for dessert, but we don't have anything sweet.  I did find this in the pantry:
Chocolate Rouge Wine!  I bought this a looooong time ago when it was BOGO.  I wasn't crazy about trying it, it just never sounded good to me.  Well, I gave it a try and SOOO good!  It tastes like chocolate milk or chocolate syrup!  I would buy this again.  It would be so good with a chocolate cake, or brownie, or fruit, or, well, anything!  Give it a try!

1 comment:

  1. The Publix Stuffed Scallops and Clams are very tasty, and a light
    snack if you don't want a full dinner.

    ReplyDelete