Thursday, April 11, 2013

Menu for the week of April 11

Here is the menu for the week of April 11th!  I did my shopping at Publix and based the menu off of the current sale items.  I have to add that I do realize my dinners this week are vegetable heavy.  I have a toddler who LOVES fruit and it’s hard to get him to eat his veggies.  We are trying to incorporate more vegetables into our diet to encourage him to eat them.  Plus, veggies are zero PointsPlus on Weight Watchers (which I am doing), so the more veggies the better this week!

Here is my ultimate shopping list for the week:
Meat: New York Strip Steak, rotisserie chicken
Seafood: Large Shrimp Skewers, 1 1/2 lbs salmon fillets, stuffed scallops or clams
Produce: Asparagus, bagged salad (I'm getting 2), baby carrots, onion, garlic, tomato, green onions, avocado
Marinades/Dressing: Ken’s Steak House Marinade, Ken's Steak House dressing
Dairy: shredded monterey jack cheese, eggs, sour cream
Spices/Seasoning: Lemon pepper, Garlic Power, Salt, red pepper flakes, nutmeg, salt, pepper, taco seasoning mix
Baking: Brown sugar, vegetable oil
Extras: Soy sauce, Kraft freshtake cheese and breadcrumb mix, salsa, tortillas, sliced black olives
Frozen: Creamed Spinach, Boneless, skinless frozen chicken, 2 packages frozen chopped spinach, 2 pie crusts

Thursday-  Today we are going to have left overs from last night.  I snagged a large roast during last week’s sale and paired it with the red potatoes that were on sale.  It was awesome, but way too much to finish in one night.

Friday-Friday has always been our fun dinner night.  Usually we pick something up, so this dinner is a little bigger than usual, but will end up being cheaper than going out or take out. 

On the menu: Boneless New York Strip Steak ($7.99/lb- savings up to $5/lb) marinated with        Ken’s Steak House marinade (bogo), Steamed asparagus (bogo), Large Shrimp Skewers (10 for        $10)
Ingredients: New York Strip Steak ($7.99/lb), Ken’s Steak House Marinade (BOGO), Asparagus (one of the BOGO), Large Shrimp Skewers ($1 each)

Saturday- Fish is NOT something I cook often.  I’m excited to try this recipe for salmon because it has amazing reviews online.  I’m making the salmon recipe found here: Salmon Recipe   Maybe this will give me the confidence I need to cook fish in the future!
On the menu: Fresh Salmon Fillets ($6.99/lb- savings up to $3/lb), Creamed Spinach (was bogo 2 weeks ago), Bagged Salad (2 for $4.00)

Ingredients: 1 ½ lbs salmon fillets ($6.99/lb), Lemon pepper, Garlic powder, Salt, 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup water, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, Creamed Spinach (as a side, I stocked up when it was bogo 2 weeks ago, feel free  to substitute), Bagged Salad (2 for $4.00), Salad Dressing (Ken’s Steak House dressing BOGO)

Sunday- We had the stuffed scallops once before from Publix when they went on sale.  They were good and I definitely wanted to try them again (when they were on sale, of course).  You could also add some of those awesome shrimp skewers that are on sale.
On the Menu: Stuffed Scallops or Clams (whichever my husband picks) (10 for $10), Bagged        Salad (2 for $4.00)

                Ingredients:

                                Stuffed Scallops or Clams (10 for $10)

                                Bagged Salad (2 for $4.00)

Monday- I have never tried the Kraft Fresh Take Cheese and Breadcrumb mix before.  I’m not sure if it requires any other ingredients other than chicken, but I’ll have to check the package when I pick it up.  I can’t pass it up since it’s BOGO!

On the Menu: Boneless, Skinless Frozen Chicken ($5.99), Kraft fresh take cheese and breadcrumb mix (BOGO), Steamed Asparagus (BOGO), Steamed baby cut carrots (5 for $5.00)

                Ingredients:

                                Boneless, skinless frozen chicken ($5.99)

                                Kraft fresh  take cheese and breadcrumb mix (BOGO)

                                Steamed Asparagus (part of the BOGO from earlier in the week)

                                Steamed baby carrots (5 for $5.00)

Tuesday- Spinach Quiche- we love quiche and we have it often because it’s one of the only ways we get our toddler to eat vegetables!  These items are not necessarily on sale this week, but I already have everything to make them.  I use this recipe: Spinach Quiche   It is so good!  My husband and toddler both love it!  I’ll list the ingredients in case you want to try it!   The recipe I linked is for 2 quiches, so only make half it you want one.  I’m going to make 2 and save one in the freezer for another day.
On the Menu: Spinach Quiche

                Ingredients:      

                                1 tablespoon vegetable oil

                                1 onion

                                2 cloves of garlic

                                2 packages frozen, chopped spinach, thawed

                                ½ cup shredded carrots (Baby Cut Carrots 5 for $5.00)

                                2 cups Monterey jack cheese (I use cheddar because it’s what I have)

                                6 eggs

                                ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes

                                1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

                                Salt

                                Pepper

                                2 pie crusts


Wednesday-  I’m excited about today’s menu.  My husband hates chicken on the bone, so he gets bummed whenever he sees that I am buying a rotisserie chicken even though I take it off of the bone for the recipes I use.   I searched for the perfect recipe and I think this one will finally be the one to change his mind.

On the Menu: Chicken Ranch tacos using Deli Rotisserie Chicken ($5.99- savings of $1.40) and I   found it here: Ranch Chicken Tacos  

                Ingredients:

                                Deli Rotisserie Chicken ($5.99)

                                ½ cup ranch dressing (Ken’s dressing is bogo)

                                ¼ cup sour cream (1.25)

                                1 packet of taco seasoning mix, divided

                                1 tablespoon chunky salsa

                                8 tortillas (I get a big package of tortillas at the Dollar Tree)

                                Shredded lettuce (I’ll use the lettuce from the bagged salad)

                                1 tomato (on sale $1.69/lb)

                                4 green onions

                                1 can sliced black olives

                                1 avocado (optional)

                                1 cup shredded cheese (I’m using cheddar because it’s what I already have)

There you have it!  My menu for the week!  I’ll post pictures of what I made and how it turned out!  On Sundays I pack my toddler’s lunches

No comments:

Post a Comment